Friday, August 8, 2008

Praise God!

Let me just say THANK YOU to everyone out there that has said a prayer for me over the last several months. I just realized that it has been 17 days since I have had a MAJOR migraine,one that has put me in bed for three days. I am still on a very strict diet, exercising daily, taking several preventative medicines and trying to get an adequate amount of sleep. I have learned to live without an ice cold Pepsi (it has been 4 months) and even though I still crave that Hawaiian Pizza, I am dealing with it, however it was hard a couple weeks ago when at the youth lock-in, Phillip and I was asked to stay for supper they were ordering pizza and I heard several of the kids and adults say order plenty of Hawaiian Pizza, needless to say we did not stay for supper. Phillip did take me to Carrabba's Italian Grill instead, what a great husband! Eating out has become a challenge for me, I am pretty safe to stick with a salad or pasta with a white sauce nothing with aged cheese (of course the good stuff) or MSG. It does have me eating healthier, though. I am eating more organic, which means yes, I have lost weight and Courtney and I are spending some time shopping in the same section together, which is kinda fun for now. Thanks again for all the prayers. I see the neurologist again September 18, but for now I am on the right track, I think! Happy Friday!

Blessings to all~
Carla

6 comments:

About Me said...

I'm so glad your migraines have improved! That's a blessing for sure!

Emma's Mommy said...

I am so happy for you that you have been migraine free for almost 3 weeks now! I hope it continues. It is amazing to realize that what we eat and put into our bodies affects more than just the scales. I'll keep praying for you!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

That's great. Prayers for continued improvement =)!!!

Valerie said...

that is AWESOME! yay! Praying that your headache free for many many many more days to come.

Oh and yes, I AM READY for another season. Thanks for the flair.

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

I am so glad that you're doing better! I'll pray that you stay migraine-free!

I LOVE Carraba's! It's my favorite place in the whole wide world!

Terri said...

Glad you are feeling better. Keep it up.