Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Scrapbook Retreat

We were all surprised to wake up on Saturday morning to this.  Yes, to our surprise it had snowed during the night and everything was covered with snow Saturday morning.
The snow made for some gorgeous pictures, something wonderful to scrapbook of course.


Alicia and I out in the snow.  I love this girl and yes, we have our pajama bottoms on. (I did change out of them for the group picture before lunch)
 This is the only time in four days that I left the lodge.  This year our group stayed in
the basement so we had no reason to leave the lodge especially with the weather being soooo cold.
Alicia, me (Carla), and Megan warming up in front of the fireplace after being outside for our group picture
Early morning view from the lodge.
Our group, most of which have been attending since we started the retreat 8 years ago.
The snow on the ground had started to melt by this time but it was still snowing and the trees were still covered.
Friday night was Pajama night, along with ice cream....YUM!!
I had to get a picture of this mother, daughter pair....Alicia and Brenda in their matching PJ's


This little guy hung out on the dumpster behind the lodge all Thursday night. I guess he was waiting for some garbage. Everyone kept and eye on him and I am sure that he kept an eye on all of us.  He never moved but was gone by morning.
It was a WONDERFUL weekend!!!! This was our 8th year and by far the BEST yet.  I accomplished everything that I wanted to, which was a first, meet new friends, visited with old friends and ate way too much food!!!

 Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened for you.

Matthew 7:7
Blessing to all ~
Carla

No comments: