Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope that all the mothers out there had a blessed Mother's Day yesterday, I know that I did. This year marks the fourth year that I was without my mother and I used to say that one day it would be easier but I have given up on that thought. I have learned how to get through the day and the kids especially Courtney has learned how to give just give mom a little more love when those sad times have came about.

As some of you may recall, every Mother's Day I release a Mother's Day balloon with a note attach in memory of my mom or you may say to my mom for Mother's Day. Over the past several years I have released the balloon at different places just depending on my mood that day, well this year I thought that we would release the balloon in the backyard. Like every other year I picked the balloon out, of course it has to be the best, and for some reason every time I thought about releasing it yesterday, it just did not feel right. So I didn't.

This morning we woke up and there was my mom's Mother's Day balloon still in our dining room. We had breakfast, did our school and around lunch, it hit me, I called Phillip to tell him that I was heading to the Cementery where my mother was buried to release her Mother's Day balloon, an hour an 15 minutes away, well of course he comes home to take me and it turns out to be the best place to release the balloon. Why didn't I think of it yesterday? I know, there is a reason for everything.


We watch as the wind takes it away.....
We always watch the balloon until we can not see it no longer, until it is gone.
I love you, Mom!
Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

4 females and a fireman said...

How perfect and how appropriate! I love you!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Thinking of you friend~what a lovely tribute to your mother.

Emma's Mommy said...

What an awesome way to remember your mother every year. And what an incredible husband you have to leave work and take you. Hope you have a good week!

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

What a neat thing to do. Your mom must have been a special lady, because YOU are such a special lady!

Anonymous said...

Carla,

This blog about your mom has left me in tears. I loved her so much. She raised such wonderful children...and especially the daughter I have been lucky enough to call my friend for over 10 or 15 years. I love you and am thinking of you!

Julie

Terri said...

I love this tradition of yours. I hope you had a great Mother's Day.