Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scrapbook Retreat

WOW! What an awesome time we had. Phillip drove me to the airport early last Thursday morning and I did not arrive home until late last night. I have learned the hard way that scrapbooking supplies weigh more then we think or should I say more then we want to admit. When I arrived at the airport, my suitcase was 6 pounds over the limit, but I managed. I shifted around some of my supplies and I was able to carry a few more items on the plane with me. My friend, Jacqueline (aka JP) picked me up from the airport early last Thursday morning. We spent part of the day together, doing a little shopping and enjoyed lunch at Kyotos (my favorite Japanese restaurant). One day, Keith and I will hopefully get her interested in scrapbooking but for now, it was nice to be able to spend the day with her. While in BG before the retreat I stayed with my friend Alicia and her family, even though I did have the invitation to stay with several other great friends and I do appreciate those invites and I may just take you up on them one day.
Terri, Judith, me, Alicia, and Joanna (aka the basement scrappers)
This was our retreat shirt from last year, that nearly everyone wore on Sunday.

This year's shirt was too cute, if I do say so myself. Alicia and I came up with this while we were on vacation together in the spring and with her cousin's connections, we were able to make it into a very cute chocolate brown and pink t-shirt.

Judith and I

The group photo, 32 in all.
The retreat was wonderful and I am happy with everything that I was able to accomplish. It was nice to see old faces again and as always it was nice to meet some new ones.
I'll try and post a few pics of the spreads that I accomplished later in the week.

2 comments:

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could have gone! (But good for you!)

Miss you!

Mary-Frances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.