Saturday, November 3, 2007

Field Trip & No Cell Phones

Phillip has spent the last week working in south Florida. Needless to say, he had a week of long working days. So on Thursday, he and I agreed to a "no cell phone day". We surprised the kids by waking them up early and headed off to Orlando to Sea World.



Since it was a Thursday and Noel was just off the coast of Florida, the park was not crowded at all. Most rides we were able to walk right on, therefore we were able to see almost everything without having to rush around.


We saw a love for the dolphins in Courtney's eyes. I think she could have stayed in this area all day.


Since moving back to Florida, the kids have had an interest in the "sea cow" also known as the manatee. Sea World has a great rehabilitation program for injured manatees so that they can be let back into the water.
The Dolphin show has always been one of my favorites.

Heather, I thought about your experience at the beach when we visited the shark encounter.



It's Shamu and yes we got wet. At every show the kids insisted that we sit in the best seats, the soak zone seats.

I was able to talk the kids into having their picture taken with the "Otters", I like the way the one otter is copying Courtney. This is how Courtney walked up to have her picture taken. Courtney has never been one to have her picture taken with any type of character even with Santa Claus

3 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

Look at you all in your short sleeves and shorts!!! We are already in long sleeves and long pants and early morninings require jackets! Glad you were able to enjoy a fun filled (warm) family day!

About Me said...

I love Sea World! Looks like a blast! Florida does have its advantages, doesn't it?

Valerie said...

Looks like a great day! I think you've given me an idea for a "cell phone free" day. I think we can arrange that this week!! Glad you had a super family day.