Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We Made It

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made the trip migraine free, praise God. We had a safe trip and arrived at my dad's around 4 yesterday afternoon. Phillip met the kids and I at my dad's for supper and then we followed him to Ocala. Our hotel is really nice, they even greeted Rascal with a doggie bone when we arrived. Our room has a kitchenette with stainless steel appliances and a full size fridge, which is nice because I will be able to cook a few good meals. I was impressed this morning when I went for the "free" breakfast and everything was hot and tasted very good.

Today, while Phillip was at work the kids and I did some driving around, of course I was checking out all the necessities (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's) and even found a few local stores that are great. By the way Diane, I found my Florida Gator Crocs and the kids found Mickey Mouse Crocs (too cute). The kids did work a little on their school work and the three of us enjoyed an afternoon swim.

Tonight, we attended a church that Phillip had been attending. Very Friendly!!! Needless to say church was over at 8 and it was 8:45 when we pulled out of the parking lot. We met the youth minister, who is a good friend of Sam Hartford (what a small world). Jonah is very excited that the youth group starts at 6th grade and he has already been invited to a youth event on the 26th. Courtney is tickled that they have a tween program, so she will have devo's and get togethers with kids her age. We were also invited to supper Friday night at an Elder's house. Maybe things are started to come together (I know that some of you really don't want to hear that). Well I better go for now. My dad is coming down tomorrow to spend the day with the kids and I.

7 comments:

About Me said...

Glad you made it safely. I thought about you all day yesterday while you were driving. Sounds like a nice church. How awesome to have something for tweens! I'm praying things continue to go smoothly for you. We're thinking about you!

Emma's Mommy said...

I am go happy for you that you made the trip migrain free...and that you made it safely. Having a good church home will make the transition from KY to FL easier. You are right when you say we may not want to hear that things are starting to come together, but for you, Philip and the kids it is a wonderful thing!

mommy of girls said...

I'm glad you made it there safe and sound (we prayed lots about the long drive for you) and that everyone is adapting well. Not that we want you to leave, but I am praising God that you all are finding a place to fit in there too. I am so excited that Jonah and Courtney have such a great place to make new friends. I know it will be hard on you all to go (and all here who love you all too) but I think we all want you to have a smooth transition and a warm welcoming home there too. Sounds like God is at work...what a blessing. We love you all. Have fun and hurry back!

Anonymous said...

We love the Matt and Richel! We actually got to spend a few minutes with them on our trip to Disney last December. It is such a small world. I know that you will enjoy Florida. Sam and I wish you all of the best and give the youth minister and his family a big hug for us! We really miss them!

Amy Hartford

Anonymous said...

I've had a really hard time with this transition (to put it mildly). I know that God is guiding you and that He will answer our prayers (even if they are only half heart-felt) for you all to settle into your new location easily. You have been such a blessing to us and it pains me to see you go but I do pray that God blesses you as much you have blest us. We know that your new friends, neighbors and church family will be blest to have you all! And I keep telling myself how blest we will be to have a place to come visit our dear friends. We love and look forward to your return, in the mean time, we'll enjoy reading about your trip! Love you! jp

Terri said...

We miss you and are happy you made a safe arrival. Have a great time and see you soon.

Tonya said...

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is adjusting well and most importantly that you have found a great church family to be a part of there as well. Your family here will miss you. I hope you enjoy this journey!