Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We Chose House #...............

TWO!!!
I loved house #1, the screened in pool was nice but it was on the west side of town and after looking at the whole picture with the location of church we thought it would be out of the way when it came to church activities.

House #3, had me written all over it, I was even ready to deal with the washer and dryer being in the garage. However the kids and Phillip was not to sure about all the work especially with it being the same price as house #2.

So we chose house #2, we like the fact that it is move in ready, even the ceiling fans in the kids rooms matched their decor. The hardwood floors are awesome and the tile has character. Phillip will have his own office located at the front of the house. The house also has lots of closets which I love (now to get them organized). We had the home inspection done this morning and everything looked great. We love the location of the house, we will be only a mile from church. Also, not having a pool at the house right now is fine with the kids since we will be able to hop on our bikes and ride to the community pool, this will give the kids a chance to meet the other kids in the neighborhood and who knows we may take the challenge of putting in a pool next summer. Plus, the bonus of being in a gated community with security sounds nice.


Check out the before pictures (click on the colleges to enlarge them), before we move in that is. These pictures are of Jonah and Courtney's new rooms (which I plan to paint first thing) and their bathroom. The sage room is Phillip's new office and there is even a closet in there for me. The picture to the far right on the middle row is our new dinning room.


These are pictures of the master bedroom and bath (the master closet is huge with lots of built ins). The kitchen has the same color counter tops as our current home and has a large walk in pantry. The kitchen has all stainless steel and black appliances. The great room is located in the center of the house and as you can see the house has lots of natural light and windows.


These are pictures of the foyer, outside of the house and the screened in lanai, which I can not wait to fill with plants and enjoy a relaxing evening on.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess was right! The house is beautiful! I just can't wait to visit. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Talk with you soon.

Valerie said...

Carla it is beautiful! Your special decorating touches will make it very "homey" for your family.

mommy of girls said...

I too chose house #2 for you all. It seems like a Starling home! It looks beautiful in the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person sometime. And I can't wait to see the after pictures. Knowing you, you'll have it painted the same day you close! :-) Can't wait to see you all again. Hurry back!

mommy of girls said...

I too chose house #2 for you all. It seems like a Starling home! It looks beautiful in the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person sometime. And I can't wait to see the after pictures. Knowing you, you'll have it painted the same day you close! :-) Can't wait to see you all again. Hurry back!

Emma's Mommy said...

I picked house #3 because of the outside and house #2 because of the description! Too bad you couldn't combine them....

I am so happy for you that you have found something for your family. I know you will make it "your's" very quickly. I can't wait to see the after pictures. I am sure that you are already out picking out paint colors! Congratulations!!!

About Me said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks great! I love the hardwood and the closets. Also, it looks like the great room wall color already blends with your furniture. And, what a treat to only be a mile from the church building. I'm excited for you. I know the houses there are not exactly what you'd prefer, but your houses have always been wonderful because they're filled with love, family, photos and memories....things that are more important than square footage and decor.

Imprint That! Joanna's Impressions said...

I love it!! It is so pretty. I like the closet. From the pictures it looked like it would make a great scrapbooking closet. Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize it when I was talking to you early. Can't wait till you all get home.

Tonya said...

Congratulations on finding a new house! It is beautiful. You will make it only more so by adding your personal touches. Can't wait to see the after pics.