Friday, February 29, 2008

My Space

My Space and no I am not talking about the website, I am talking about my little space that I call my own. Behind this door is my space, where I can go scrapbook and escape from the rest of the household. Courtney was so sweet to make this sign for my door and for the most part, when I am in my space, I am left alone to enjoy my time scrapbooking.
Where the words CREATE, help me do just that. When we were looking for houses last summer, I was also looking for an area that I could call my own, a place where I could sneak away from the ciaos and be in My Space. This area in our large walk in closet does just that. Everything that I already had from my old scrapbooking cabinet fit just perfect on the shelves in this closet. Plus I have space where I can keep the cricut out all the time. My fellow scrapbooking buddies gave me this picture last summer before I moved, so now every time that I sit down to crop, I think about them. It was these four that kept me busy scrapbooking last summer while Phillip was out of town.

Organization is the key in this scrapbooking closet. When we moved I made it a point to organize all that extra memorabilia that I had scattered about, movie tickets, party invitations, special cards, newspaper articles and now I am working very hard to find a home for those things in my scrapbooks so that I can appreciate them a little more. So far I have accomplish a lot but still have a box of things to go through. However I am feeling pretty good about what I have accomplished. Yes, I am one of those people who loves to get rid of unnecessary things, like receipts, junk mail, old papers; it makes me feel good.
My creative space is just the right size, it helps me to stay on top of things by putting things back when I am done with them.

A must in my scrapbooking closet, is a jar of Jelly Belly Jellybeans, which is my all time favorite snack while I am scrapbooking.
The DVD player keeps me company within the four walls. Of course some of my favorite DVD's are Grey's Anatomy, 7th Heaven, Little House on the Prairie and Reba, plus the additional Chick Flicks.
A small bulletin board above my creative space, gives me the perfect spot to put those ideas, memorabilia or extra pictures that I need to find a home for.
Maybe I like my space so much because its just big enough for me and Rascal. Yes, I do allow Rascal to come in, he likes to lie under my table or if I am sitting on the edge of my chair then he likes lie behind me in my chair and usually he leaves me alone, maybe this is his quite space.

4 comments:

About Me said...

Love your "space!" Just wondering...if this is your closet, where do you keep your clothes? Is there a second closet in your room? It's awesome that you get to keep all your stuff out!

Carla said...

The closet is large enough for my clothes and my scrapbooking supplies. Whoever design this closet gave us lots of space in fact there are two of these units with the drawers plus two walls of hanging space.

Emma's Mommy said...

I am soooo jealous of your "space" (but in a good way) :-0 We have been toying with the idea of turning our guest room into an office/playroom and if we do, then I am going to turn that closest into a scrapbook nook for me! Maybe :-)

Anyway - I do love your space and I bet you have made some awesome pages in it! Happy Scrapping!

Imprint That! Joanna's Impressions said...

I LOVE YOUR SPACE!!! It turned out so cute. I love how you organized it and I love the built in units! Awesome!! It's perfect. I miss scrapbooking with you. Call me sometimes and we scrapbook together in our closets!!