Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paoli Peaks

Last Tuesday, the four of us, plus one of Jonah's friends, John Mark, headed up to Paoli Peak for a day of skiing. For the last several years Jonah's birthday "wish" or want is to go skiing, which is usually a challenge to fit into our schedule because for some reason our weekends in February are just CRAZY. Last year, Phillip took Jonah out of school one day and he and Jonah, along with one of Jonah's friends went skiing. Well last Monday when they called school 2 hours early, Phillip started working on taking Tuesday off because we figure with it snowing school would be cancelled for Tuesday and we would take off and go skiing. So that is just what we did.


" Our snow princess"

The soon to be birthday boy, I still can not believe that he'll soon be 15!

This kid has only skied 4 times in his life but to watch him ski you would think he has been skiing his whole life. The first time we ever took him skiing him went down a black diamond and now he is doing jumps.





Courtney and her daddy, she was always racing him and winning!!!!
This was only Courtney's second time skiing. After her first fall, she looked at me and said I don't want to ski, I don't like it. I reminded her that it had been a long time since she skied and that it would take a while. Well by the middle of the afternoon she was off with the boys going down slopes by herself and even down a blue square. I was so proud of her.

There she goes......


There goes my hubby.....

There I go and I am upright......you laugh! I wasn't very talented that day. The snow was very slick because of the low temps which made you go fast. Lets see, I landed in the woods once, cutting my glove and thumb and I can not tell you how many times I fell getting on the ski lift. Oh and skied into the caution fencing twice. If only someone else was hand my camera beside me during those times. You would really have some pictures to laugh at.



The kids on the ski lift coming up from the bottom of the slope.

She looks like a pro.


Let me just say after being there since 10 a.m. in the 20 degree weather Phillip and I were done, Phillip and I were done by sundown. I could not feel my toes any longer and my face was numb. So Phillip and I went inside and sat by a fire, well it really wasn't much of a fire and it really didn't put out much heat at all but soon my toes did start to thaw out. Interesting enough we did run into someone there from BG, I mean out of the whooping 50 people that were there that day, we run into someone from BG. Finally around 8:30 we were able to round up the kiddos starting thawing them out and head back to BG. I know that Jonah would have stayed all night if we would have let him. Good thing it closes at 9.

Blessings to all~
Carla

No comments: