Sunday, August 12, 2012

Angry Words

First of all let me just say that this is not my typically post.  A few years ago, my friend Leslie made the comment to me, "your blog is always so uplifting and positive,  it makes your life sound so WONDERFUL."  I did not take any offense to this comment by no mean, she just meant that I rarely post anything about the CHALLENGES that I face in my life, which there are plenty.  I came across this card recently and it made me think of Leslie and her comment that day standing in her kitchen. 
The past couple of months I've have struggled with many different things in my personal life that I've kept to myself.  You know that saying, "you wear your feelings on your shoulder", well that is certainly me and probably at least 90% of the female population.  I have always struggled with the harsh words that others say to me and of course I let the devil constantly repeat those words in my head over and over.  Why??

There is a song that we sing at church, in fact we sung it last Sunday morning and I've sung it a thousand times in my life but the words are so meaningful.  If you will just open your heart to them.

Angry words! O let them never,
From the tongue unbridled slip,
May the heart's best impulse ever,
Check them ere they soil the lip.

Chorus
Love one another thus saith the Savior,
Children obey the Father's blest command,
Love each other, love each other,
'Tis the Father's blest command.

Love is much too pure and holy,
Friendship is too sacred far,
For a moment's reckless folly,
Thus to desolate and mar.

Angry words are lightly spoken,
Bitterest thoughts are rashly stirred,
Brightest links of life are broken,
By a single angry word.
Refrain

Just recently someone dear and close to me made a comment that I have shed tears over and made me realize just how much words do hurt.  Sadly I don't speak to this loved one a daily basis and I am not sure what to say when I do speak with them.  Why does it always seems like the most hurtful words always comes from the ones that are the closest to you and you love the most.  Oh Lord, these are the days that are the hardest!!!

My soul finds rest in God alone...
Psalm 62:1

Blessings to all ~
Carla

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Well, STINK! I don't like that one bit. Does the person know they've upset you?
You and your friend will be in my prayers for this to be resolved and forgotten. And, for friendship to be rekindled :)
HUGS!