Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cross Country

The season has official begun, meets, that is, races, the fun stuff.  as far as cross country goes,
they have been practicing since the second week of June, six days a week,
 waking up at 5:30 to be at the park by 6:30 in order to run before the heat of the sun hits.  
It truly takes dedication!!!

I never thought in a million years that I would be a cross country mom, 
but I am and I AM PROUD OF IT!!!   

This morning we met at the Kereiakes at 7:30 for team photos and then a 3k time trial.  Next Saturday will be our first actually meet which will be a 6K relay.   Our team has almost double since two years ago when SWHS was opened and I am so proud that my kids have been a part of this team.
The high school team
Courtney trying to push down a tree, no, not really this is a stretch to prevent chin splits.
Warming up before the time trial....
Caroline, Sara, Courtney, Jonah, and Megan
My son is known for his bright pink socks.  
He started wearing them at the beginning of the season last year and has wore them ever since.  
It's nice because I can spot him from a distance.
Strengthening the hip muscle.
Jonah and Ross receives a pep talk from coach before the time trial.
Coach talks to the team before the race/time trail.
getting ready........
Top three runners, Jonah, Ross and Chris.  
I love how Ross and Jonah are in sequence.
Courtney, bless her heart, did not have a good run.
  She battled hip pains all during the run, you can see it in her face.  She ran a 15:04, 
coach knew something wasn't right, first thing coach said to me was,
"what happened?"  Maybe next Saturday's race will be a better race for her, let's hope!!!
Here comes my boy, coming to the finish line in first place.
Jonah crosses the finish line.....10:24 his time for the 3k. 
A cute picture of Phillip and I dressed as twinkies today for the time trials. 
Go Spartans!!!! 
 Yes, I wore my hair straight today, actually the last couple of days I've done straight. 
I like it but the guys (Jonah and Phillip) prefers it curly.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

Blessings to all ~
Carla



No comments: