Thursday, October 11, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken and Rice

Okay...let me just say this recipe ROCKS!!!! No boiling and deboning the chicken, it's all done in the crock pot with the exception of cooking your rice and the flavor, well let me just say YUMMO!!!!

I found this recipe here via pinterest a couple of weeks ago and it was a BIG hit with my family.

It is a must try if you like Chicken and Rice and EASY cooking.

Only 5 simple ingredients:
  • 2-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (let sit out to soften or I microwave it for about 30 seconds)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 pkg. Italian dressing seasoning (the dried kind in the packet)
  • rice (whatever your family prefers)
Stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning together.  Place the frozen chicken in and cover with the mix. I cook my on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked and fall-apart-tender, you'll want to tear the chicken into small pieces. 

Last step - Cook your rice about three cups, when done smother with chicken mixture and viola.  You are done!!!!  The italian seasoning is the secret ingredient!

For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you...are not consumed.
Malachi 3:6

Blessings to all ~
Carla

No comments: