Wednesday, July 11, 2012

5 months....

What a difference 5 months makes??
I remember the day he got his driving permit, February 21, 2012, it was a cold Tuesday morning and I was nervous for him as I sat outside the testing room while he took his test.  He had not study as much as I thought that he should and now he was taking the test that was going to allow him to drive with an adult.  Wow, it felt so surreal.  I remember the day like it was yesterday.  I remember when he came out with a smile on his face saying that he had passed, then I handed him the keys and he drove us back to the school.  Twice I FREAKED out, but it was truly his first time driving from downtown BG out pass our house to the high school, so I was allowed to FREAK out a little, RIGHT??
But as Jonah was driving the other day, I looked over at him and thought WOW, how things have changed in just 5 months. I no longer have to remind him to keep both hands on the steering wheel, Hallelujah!! I don’t FREAK out as much, even Jonah agrees to that. There are still times that I have to take a deep breathe but I try to keep it to myself more then I used to. I know that come August when he goes for his permanent license and passes, then takes off by himself for the first time, that I am going to be on pins and needles. I guess I’ll just need to say lots of prayers then for many save travels and returns.



It is still hard to believe that he is old enough to drive!!!


Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the name that is above every name...

Philippians 2:9


Blessings to all ~
Carla

No comments: