Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weekend Happenings

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, ours was a little bit on the BUSY side.  As many of you know Courtney turned 14th back in May but with track practice and meets there really was not time to plan a party plus she wanted to wait for the pool to be finish that way she could have a pool party, of course.  So, that was Friday night and I promise to post those pictures soon but here is a sneak peak of the colors.  I promise it was nothing fancy at ALL!

Saturday morning, as many of you may guess, we were up with the roosters to be at Keriakes at 6:30 so that the kids could get their long run in for the weekend.  If any of you wonder, both kids run 6 days a week at 6:30 in the morning all summer long preparing for cross country season.  Courtney was able to run 4 miles and then she biked, sadly she is battling an injury.  I walk and did a little running,  I would really love to run a 5k but first I've got to make it a mile. Ha!

After their run, Sara and Brooke came home with Courtney to enjoy some time in the pool and just chill for part of the day which is something these three hasn't done in a while outside of practice and Courtney thought that it was time.
 Acting silly.......XC for cross country......gotta love them!

With the girls in the pool, I kept busy in the house, with laundry.....UGH!!!!  I did find time to work on a new chalkboard, a bigger one.  I'm excited and will post pictures once I am finished.

Jonah spent most of Friday and Saturday morning getting ready for Boy Scout camp.  He will be gone all next week.  After packing Jonah and Rascal chilled on the couch for a little while.

Saturday evening, Courtney was off to another party, this time a birthday party for two of her friends.  Like I said this was a BUSY weekend.  After dropping her off and running a few errands the three of us then returned home for steaks on the grill, corn on the cob and fresh tomatoes.  I love fresh veggies in the summer, thanks to my BFF Alicia for them!!!!

This morning the guys were up early.  Phillip was pulling one of the trailers to the Boy Scout camp up in Ohio so everyone except for the "party girl" was up at the crack of dawn again. 

Courtney and I pretty much had the day to ourselves.  After church and lunch at Mancinos we did a little yard work and then we had a short nap in the pool on floats.  Awww, that was the highlight of my day until I realized everything that I needed and should be doing (that's the OCD in me).

Today was also, my daddy's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!! LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!  Sadly, I wasn't in Florida to spend the day with him, but I did get to talk to him this afternoon on the phone :)  This is the one thing I HATE about being so far away from family :(

Hope everyone weekend was not as BUSY as mine but if it was, I hope that you enjoyed it.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving,
let your requests be known to God"
Phil 4:6
Blessings to all~

No comments: