Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Friday night the high school youth group had a lock in at church.  Courtney said that they was hardly any down time and that they had a blast!!  There were nerf gun wars, constant running, in fact she fell down the stairs once, but over all had a wonderful time.  A group of our wonderful college kids stayed the night and helped, I will just say they are great kids to still hang with the high schoolers.  She was so exhausted when she got home, she could only take a couple hour nap Saturday morning before we headed off to a party but when she arrived home later that afternoon she slept from 4 p.m. until 8 Sunday morning.

Saturday morning Phillip and I had a yard sale.....YUCK!!! But, we where able to make a little $$$$, donate alot of stuff, like a truck load and clean out our garage, so it was beneficial.  I finally sold all of Jonah's armbands, at one time he probably had over 50 of them.  I sold the last 23 to a very sweet, special young girl who was really tickled about getting ALL of them.  The other big hit item and I am sad that I did not take picture but it was a collection of keychains that were Jonah's.  The whole thing probably weighed 3 pounds and were probably a total of at least a hundred different keychains, from poker chips to crocs.


I needed to move the china cabinet this weekend and in order to do that of course everything had to come out of the top.  What a mess and HOW does a closed china cabinet get dusty.  So that was another task this weekend.

Saturday afternoon was my best friend's daughter's fourth birthday party and I of course decorated this cute bag that I found at the Mighty Dollar.  It's vinyl and then I used my cricut to put her name on it in vinyl.  I bought several of the bags in the turquoise and hot pink to keep around for gift bags.  They are too cute!!!  I love that you can use the bag for other things, everyone needs a bag!

Jonah came home from boy scout camp Saturday morning with a trunk FULL of STINKIN' wet clothes.  He said that they had several storms during the week, loosing power to the camp Friday night and was still  without power Saturday morning which made them take cold showers in the dark before packing up and heading home.  Camp was a success for him, he completed three of the four merit badges that he was working on at camp with only one think left to complete on the last merit and that's attending a meeting which couldn't be done there.  That leaves ONE merit badge left and his Eagle Scout Project and he's DONE!!! Hallelujah!!!!  With that said, Jonah was a little motivated on Sunday to work on his last merit badge, so while Phillip and I painted the hall baseboards, Jonah sat in the hallway asking us family related questions for his last merit badge.  I am so proud of him!!!

Let me just start out by saying, to see my husband with a paint brush is saying a lot.  He HATES painting, therefore usually I do all the painting and really don't mind it.  If Phillip will hold down the "fort" while I paint.  But on Sunday afternoon, he got inspired to paint the railings going up stairs then before I knew it he was painting the trim around the door and then the baseboards in the hallway and WOW,  what a difference a little paint can make.  I wish he would get this inspired to paint more often, especially the baseboards in the bathrooms.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true...whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Philippians 4:8

Blessings to all ~
Carla

No comments: