Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our Dining Room

Don't ask me why, but this is probably my favorite room in my house.  I'm not sure why, maybe it's because of the colors, maybe it's the formal feel, maybe it's that it stays clean.  I'm really not sure why, I just like everything about our dining room, there's not one thing that I would change. 

The paint color is Coffee Bean from Porter Paints.  I originally painted only below the chair rail then I got brave and painted it all, after like 2 years.  Ha!  I was afraid that it would make the room seem small but it didn't, not at all.  I so love the way this room looks.
Phillip and I bought this cabinet at Hobby Lobby many years ago.  Everyone thinks it's an antique, it holds all my pink and green depression glass.  The curtains came from Target, a couple years ago.

Looking from the foyer into the dinning room, this room gets the morning sun, so it faces the east. Ha!
Looking from the kitchen into the dinning room.  The rug I bought in Dalton, GA, over 2 years ago on a whelm, should I add.  We were in the process of buying this house, feel in love with the rug and I thought what perfect colors for the dinning room.

This plate marks the centennial anniversary of my hometown in Florida in 1957 and has different landmarks of the city around the plate.  My dad let me have the plate years ago, it was my mom's.  My mom would have been 15 at the time the plate was made so it probably belonged to my grandmother.  I think it looks perfect in our dining room since we all lived in this town before moving to KY.
What do you think of my flower arrangement?  Consignment!!! The urn that the arrangement sits in sorta blended in with my table, so I thought that this heavy white square platter that it sits on adds to arrangement plus it helps with where to store it.

I love this of my family picture at the beach in 2004.

Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

 Psalm 37:4

Blessings to all ~
Carla

1 comment:

5 Little Moberlys said...

Gorgeous!You did a fabulous job!