Monday, July 23, 2012

Courtney's Birthday Party

Last Friday night, Courtney had a few of her friends over for a rather belated birthday party.  Since her birthday was in the middle of track season and there was absolutely NO free time to spare, plus Courtney knew that a pool would be under construction soon.  She decided to postpone her party until the middle of a heatwave, so that she could make a BIG SPLASH!!!
Since she had a birthday cake on her BIG day and she did not want everyone to sing Happy Birthday to her. She wanted oreo balls, chocolate cover pretzels and cake pops, instead of cake. We ordered lots of pizza and had plenty of chips.





It was interesting to see how this group of kids all stayed together instead of breaking off into little "clicks".  I had other tables and chairs out around the pool but they all choose to sit together in one big group.  I thought that was really neat and said something about this group of kids.




My birthday girl, she's growing up way too fast!!!



The party was really laid back, in fact it almost didn't feel like a birthday party.  I tried really hard to just let the kids hang, checking on them occasionally and taking only a few pictures, I was good :) 


The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3



Blessings to all ~
Carla

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Wow! I can’t take my eyes off this post. It is so wonderful. I have to look for one of the venues in Chicago where there is a huge pool like this for my birthday. I am going to turn 18 this year but I feel like having my friends and relatives together on my special day.