Friday, July 13, 2012

Flashback Friday


These pictures are very dear to me because of the lady in the picture, my mother.  I can honestly say that she and I were not very close at all until around the time that this picture was taken, which was of course on my wedding day.  Sadly, the Lord took her from us on May 1, 2004 and I miss her dearly.  There's not a day that doesn't go by that I don't think about how wonderful of a women she was.

She was a lady of many talents.  She could do most anything crafty; scrapbooking, sewing, crocheting, painting, quiting, the list goes on she could do it.  Her cross stitch pieces looked at neat on the back as they did on the front.  She was always making things for people and volunteering her time.

She was not much on housekeeping, she would much rather spend her time outside or in her sunroom.  She loved to plant flowers and definitely had a green thumb.  She loved to entertain and always fixed a wonderful meal.  After Phillip and I got married we spent many a nights hanging out at mom and dad's for dinner and then playing a game or two of cards.  Man, I miss those days!!

Mom and I, on my wedding day~ September 4, 1993
  
Shishee (what Jonah started calling my mom), Courtney and Jonah ~September 1998
She loved her grand babies!!

As a mother comforts her child,

so will I comfort you;

Isaiah 66:13


Blessings to all~


No comments: