Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting Ready for Summer

Let me just start by saying we went about purchasing a patio set all the WRONG way but it truly turned out to be the best decision (shopping wise) that I have made in a long time. Ha!! We've been looking everywhere for a patio set.  We did not want a glass top or chairs with cushions. 
Last Sunday after dropping Jonah and Courtney off at church camp, Phillip and I did a little shopping in TN.  We found everything that we were looking for except for a table.  On Monday, Phillip and I rode to Amish outdoor furniture store and look what we found.....


From the moment I saw it I knew it would be a match if it was black.  I offered the guy a little less for it then he had it marked at, which is something that I normally don't do.  But I ended up getting it for a bargain and couldn't wait until I could attack it with black spraypaint.

It is a really heavy table.  I can't wait to get it all together. 
Oh and the shape of the base, I love!!!! 


Phillip was so sweet and spent an hour putting the chairs together for me this evening.  I was a little anxious to see how they would look with the table.


Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the finished project on the chairs.  Since we are still working on our backyard project, we put the chairs and the table in the garage for the time being BUT at least they are READY to be used once we finish the backyard project.  Yes, this is the summer of projects :)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Blessings to all~
Carla

No comments: